Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Maybe, just maybe

Maybe, just maybe one of these nights I'll get to bed before the sun rises. Tomorrow I have a wonderful meeting with Mr. Hillsman at the Blackwater Draw Museum. What a nice man he is. He reminds me of Poppa Smurf with hairy ears and earrings. Last week he brought me a warm cinnamon roll and we chatted about the history of the land surrounding the museum.  Interesting.  Muy interesante.

OH! I am taking a short drive to the Oasis State Park to volunteer as an interpretive ranger/curriculum designer. I am so excited! I think I'll be a turkey vulture that ________ on itself to keep cool. 

UGH! 

Hey! I'm nature chick! I can say things like that. Part of the statement is true. Turkey vultures winky tinky on themselves to cool off. No wonder you'll see the vultures standing on top of bare trees, wings spread out, head cocked to the side, and looking like it's half asleep. It's comfy, mom!!!!  LOL!

I love my life! 

Thank God for the opportunities he's given me. Now, I must pass on his glory through what I'm learning because Christians can be environmentalists/naturalists too! 

2 comments:

  1. My hero, Edward Abbey, thought if reincarnation were true, he wanted to come back as a Turkey Vulture...a noble cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that really what he wanted to come back as? Funny that I said turkey vulture because if Edward did say that, I had no idea because I haven't read anything yet, other than quotes.

    ReplyDelete